In Acts 13 it gives us a description of the church at Antioch: 'there were prophets and teachers....they were worshipping the Lord and fasting......they placed their hands on them and sent them off' - what a great picture of church!
A church where they listen to the Spirit and to the Word, where they praise and pray, where they commission and send.
I have been catching some of the things God has been saying recently to us in OCF. I am certain there are other things God is saying to you personally but here are some of the things I have picked up:-
- we can have a clean slate with Jesus
- there can be a rainbow in front of us (a Biblical symbol of God's protection and promises) but we can't see it: God IS there, in front of you!
- 2 Corinthians 5 - we are called to be ambassadors for Christ: ministers of reconciliation and healing
- the power of the promise is real and is for us: 'I am God and I continue to work'
- are we building our lives around ourselves or are we building our lives around God?: He is before all things and in Him all things hold together
- we need to be so full of the Holy Spirit that we 'overflow and glow' - be sensitive to Him
- the faithfulness of God never fails but its our perspective that needs to be renewed
- put the sails up and catch the wind, stop drifting aimlessly with your sails down
- we need to be like a brazier that is full of heat, energy, fire: be filled with the Holy Spirit
- God has a deep affection for you: just as a perfect loving Father
- God doesn't want the church to be 'nice' or 'pretty' but dangerous (bulbs that burn brighter? or bulbs that explode and have an impact?!)
- Father, Son and Holy Spirit sit on a 3-seater throne!
- The Holy Spirit is the Ruach of God - the mighty wind: He can make dead things come to life. When 160 mile an hour winds blow then things move!
- God can do the impossible and all we need is grace sufficient for today